Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2013 - Already?

I had a doctor's appointment with my oncologist about a week ago - it's been a year since my last visit. He informed me he was, I believe he put it "for the first time in my practice" going to discharge a patient (me) because there is no reason to have a patient who no longer has cancer. He said as far as he is concerned the leukemia is gone, the lung cancer is gone and I am healthy! 

AWESOME GOD!!!  


I have also reached another milestone following all of the years of cancer - I just got home from the surgeon's office and the port is now kaput! After almost 9 years of a hard, round bump sitting on my upper chest bone, I now have a bandage and dissolving stitches with nothing sticking out! How exciting (for me)!!   =)   No longer having to go in every 6-8 weeks to have a port flushed will be so nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment